There are four lighted pickleball courts located at East Port. All members in good standing are welcome to use the tennis courts at their leisure.
Below is the weekly schedule of events at the Pickleball Courts. To schedule pickleball activities please call the Activities department at 951.244.6841 x610.
Schedule for October 16, 2017 - October 21, 2017
Want to learn more about the sport of pickleball and make some great friends? Join the Pickleball Club! With more than 100 members, this club promotes the sport of pickleball in Canyon Lake. They host instructional clinics, lessons, potlucks and more!
Visit the Pickleball Club on Facebook
Email Jeannette Williams for Pickleball Club Information
The Pickleball Club is offering FREE pickleball workshops to Canyon Lake residents during the month of October. Each workshop includes one lesson a week for three weeks. All participants are also invited to attend the Pickleball Club's monthly Twilight Mixer on Thursday, October 19 at 6 p.m.
Tuesday, October 17 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. | Beginners/Intermediates
Wednesday, October 18 from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. | Beginners/Intermediates
(Note, this night lesson is designed for residents who cannot participate in the morning lessons)
Thursday, October 19 from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. | Advanced
Beginner Lessons Objectives:
• Keeping Score
• Serving and where to stand in starting position
• What is the Non-Volley Zone or “Kitchen”
• What is a “DINK SHOT”
• Develop your Hand-Eye Coordination
• Basic forehand, backhand, volley strokes
Intermediate Lessons Objectives:
• What position to be in during the point
• When to hit the ball shallow or deep
• Moving up to & staying at the Non-Volley line in every point
• Broadening your arsenal of shots
Advance Lessons Objective:
• Strategies to work as a team and cover the court.
• When to use which shots (and why)
• How to perfect your ready position before and between shots.
• Learn to move your opponent out of position and create openings.
Classes limited to 8 people. Reservations on first come first basis. Equipment will be provided. Bring a chair, water and towel. Must wear tennis (court surface) shoes. Send reservation/questions to .
Include the following:
• Contact information
• Skill level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
• Previous pickleball play experience
• Why you are interested in learning to play pickleball
• Any physical limitations