The 36th Annual Tree Lighting Festival hosted by the Canyon Lake Property Owners Association (“Association”) and Jr. Women’s Club (“JWC”), will be Sunday, December 3 outside of the Lodge. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. there will be a variety of holiday entertainment and activities at this family-friendly event. Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive on the fire truck at approximately 5:30 p.m. to do the ceremonial tree lighting which lights up the big tree outside the Lodge along with all the median trees at the entrance of the community. Following the lighting, children are welcome to meet with Santa and Mrs. Claus (parents bring your cameras).
ENTERTAINMENT (starting at 4 p.m.)
- JDI Dance Co.
- Special performance by a winter princess
FREE KIDS ACTIVITIES
- Holiday Photo Station (DIY photos with fun holiday backdrops)
- Children’s Ferris Wheel & Flying Elephant Ride
- Train Obstacle Course (Jumper)
- Children’s Bounce House Jumper
- Holiday Temporary Tattoo Booth by JWC
- Balloon Artists
- Face Painting
- Meet and Greet with California Plus American Beauty Pageant Queens (at Information Booth)
- Photos With Santa and Mrs. Claus from 6 p.m. (approximately) to 7:30 p.m. (parents, please bring camera to take photos)
- JWC is taking donations of new unopened toys and children’s books (please do not wrap donations) and will provide five raffle tickets per donation, winners will be notified the following day.
- Big Mama’s Hot Dog Cart
- Juanita’s Sweets and More
- Q’s Tacos
- Pizza (by the slice or whole pizza) at the Lodge
- Light Em Up Mike - Selling bike lights
- Bonnie’s Crafts - Selling handcrafted copper Christmas trees and lighted sling helicopter toys
- Residents should be sure to dress warmly as most of this event is outdoors.
- The Lighthouse Restaurant and Bar will be open during the Tree Lighting Festival, however, the parking lot may be extra busy due to the event.