Holiday Guest Passes
Past year’s records show that more than 10,000 passes are issued over the July 4th holiday weekend which makes Member Services and Community Patrol especially busy on this holiday. Those inviting guests into the community are encouraged to request pre-printed guest passes. Members can get pre-printed passes by submitting a list to the Association’s Member Services office that includes; tract-lot number, date of visit, date of departure, member contact phone number, driver’s first and last name (as it appears on their license). It is important to note that during the major holidays, such as July 4th, requests for pre-printed passes need to be submitted at least one week before the holiday.
Information For Your Guests
It is important to remind your guests that they must have a valid driver’s license in their possession when entering the community. Also, advise your guests to know your address, this will help the gate guards verify their information quicker.
Unregistered boats are not permitted on the lake. Marine Patrol will be verifying boats for current registration at all launch ramps. Unregistered boats are subject to a fine $500 Marine Patrol citation. Those who need to have a safety inspection completed on their boats in order to register them should call Marine Patrol to schedule an appointment before July 2, 2016.
Parks and Beaches
The parks and beaches hours during the summer are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. On July 4th, the parks will open at 6 a.m. All picnic tables at Holiday Harbor will have been reserved through a lottery system. However, the remainder of the park is available to whoever arrives first – portable tables, chairs and canopies are fine. Please note, that any personal items left at parks or beaches before/after park hours will be removed.
On July 4th, the pool will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. for open swim; water aerobics is cancelled on the 4th. A valid POA card is required and the member must be in good standing to have access to the Pool gate. On July 4th, the Pool will close at 8 p.m. for the fireworks show and no one will be allowed in the Pool deck area.
Fireworks Show Reminders
Canyon Lake’s amazing fireworks show is scheduled to begin at 9 p.m. and fireworks will be launched from Skipper’s Island by Pyro Spectaculars. From the Lodge patio area, Mike Shroyer of Good Time Entertainment will be playing music leading up to the show. Patriotic music will play in sync with the fireworks. Below are some helpful reminders to remember:
- Although the pool deck will be closed, spectators are welcome to watch the fireworks from the beach and walkway around the pool, as well as other waterfront parks that have a view toward Skipper’s Island in the Main Lake.
- Residents and guests are reminded cars and golf carts will not be allowed to park on any of the causeways (Main, North, or Longhorn) from 8:30 p.m. until the show is over.
- Boats must maintain a safe distance from Skippers Island during the fireworks. Boaters are asked to pay attention to the temporary red buoys around Skippers Island. Community Patrol will be instructing boaters to stay at least 200 feet back from the buoys. The firework show will not begin unless all boats are within a safe distance from Skippers Island.
Personal Fireworks Not Allowed
Riverside County and the City of Canyon Lake have deemed all unauthorized fireworks (including sparklers) illegal, enforcing a strict zero-tolerance policy on their use and possession and making it a misdemeanor punishable by fines ranging from $500 to $1,000 and up to one year in jail. In addition, anyone who causes a fire by the use of fireworks will be financially responsible for all suppression costs.
Residents are reminded the prime member is responsible for the actions of his or her family, guests, renters and lessees, as well as for any citations. Prime members are responsible to know the Rules and Regulations and are asked to be respectful of those in authority who are trying to enforce those rules. The Association and City of Canyon Lake ask that everyone cooperate with those in authority to help ensure a safe holiday. The personal safety and enjoyment of all residents and guests is their top priority, and strict enforcement of the law will be applied throughout the weekend.
CLPOA Office & Amenity Closures
- The Association's offices (including Member Services) will be closed on Monday, July 4 in observance of the holiday.
- The pool will close early, at 8 p.m. on Monday, July 4.
- Water Aerobics classes at the pool will be cancelled on Saturday, July 1 and Monday, July 4.